EBL RFCD Account
EBL RFCD is a Deposit account for resident Bangladeshis which can be opened with foreign exchange brought at the time of their return from abroad. Only Resident Bangladeshies can open this account.
- Persons resident in Bangladesh may open RFCD account with foreign exchange brought in at the time of their return from abroad.
- Age 18+
- Completed application form
- A written declaration from the depositor mentioning the date of return from abroad and the amount of foreign exchange brought in
- FMJ form if the deposit amount is greater than USD 10,000.
- Copy of Bangladeshi passport with immigration arrival stamp in passport Standard account opening documentation.
- Not allowed
- Interest bearing deposit account
- Account can be opened in USD, GBP & EURO
- Foreign currency deposited in this account is freely convertible into Taka.
- Deposited foreign currency may easily be sent abroad through banking channel.
- Funds can be withdrawn locally in local currency.
- No inward remittance is allowed into this type of account
- Up to USD 10,000 or its equivalent may be deposited in this account at any time after return to Bangladesh.
- Amount in excess of USD 10,000 or its equivalent brought in with declaration to customs authority in FMJ Form should be deposited in this account within 30 days of arrival.
- Interest will be payable if EOD balance is above USD 1,000 or GBP 500.
- No ledger fee
- International Card will be issued against the account
- Card usage/fees/regulations shall be as per EBL cards Terms & conditions.
- Visit http://www.ebl.com.bd/home/ebl_global_debit_cards for details
Required Documents for Account Opening
- Completed and Signed Account Opening Form
- Recent Passport Size Photo of Applicant
- Copy of Valid Passport, with Arrival Seal from Abroad.
- Nominee’s Photo ID and Recent Passport Size Photo (attested by Applicant)
- Copy of Recent Utility Bill-Gas/Electricity/WASA/Telephone
- Copy of TIN (Optional)
- During Account Opening, Branch may request for any other appropriate document(s).