Visa Debit Travel Quota
Eastern Bank Limited is delighted to offer Travel Quota and Office Quota on Debit Card for EBL Visa Debit Cardholders. EBL Cardholders can avail yearly Travel Quota and Office Quota on their EBL Debit Card as available on EBL Credit and Prepaid Cards also. EBL Debit Cardholders can enjoy the same benefit to meet their international travel needs through their local EBL Savings and Current Account.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Travel and Office Quota for Debit Cardholders?
This is a feature for the EBL Visa Debit Cardholders to use their card around the world to perform international transactions. Cardholders can endorse their EBL Debit Card against their passport and use it globally by spending from their local EBL Savings and Current Account.
2. How will the foreign currency transaction take place through EBL Debit Card?
For foreign currency transaction, the customer can use the EBL Visa Debit Card in ATM, POS and E-Commerce websites. For any foreign currency transaction, equivalent BDT amount will be deducted from the local EBL Savings and Current Account tagged with the EBL Visa Debit Card. Foreign currency conversion markup is applicable and will be charged as per latest Cards Schedule of Charges.
3. Is it possible to split endorsement amount for Debit Card?
No. A customer cannot split his/her existing endorsement amount for the EBL Debit Card. Customers will have to endorse separately for using this card. Customers can cancel previous endorsement done on their other cards and endorse the EBL Visa Debit Card if he/she doesn't have available travel quota remaining.
Total endorsement will always be up to the highest limit of Travel Quota.
4. What will be Cash withdrawal fee for International ATM?
Cash withdrawal fee for International ATM will be charged as per latest Cards Schedule of Charges.
5. What is required for using the EBL Debit Card for foreign currency transactions?
The card has to be endorsed for performing foreign currency transactions. You can perform foreign transactions anytime until the expiry of your endorsement or expiry of your EBL Debit Card whichever is earlier.
6. What is the conversion rate of foreign currency transaction?
The conversion rate will be as per Visa Floating Currency Conversion rate (the rate on the day of transaction performed).
7. Where can I endorse my passport?
Passport endorsement can be done at any EBL branch, EBL Cards Center or at EBL SKYLOUNGE.
8. Is there any fee for EBL Debit Card endorsement?
No. Endorsement of EBL Debit Card is free for the cardholders.
9. Can the EBL Debit Cardholders whose cards are tagged against RFCD account avail this service?
No. RFCD account tagged EBL Debit Cards cannot be used for this service. If they want to avail this feature, they will have to apply for a separate EBL Debit Card with a local EBL Savings and Current Account.
10. Can Mastercard Debit cardholders avail this facility?
No. Only EBL Visa Debit Cardholders (except Global Debit and Payroll Debit) can avail this service at this moment.
11. How much can EBL Debit Cardholder endorse for Travel and Office quota?
For Travel Quota, cardholders can endorse up to USD 12,000 annually on their EBL Debit Card (based on availability of yearly endorsement amount)*. For Office Quota, cardholders can endorse up to USD 400 globally per day on their EBL Debit Card. Plus an additional USD 400 for a day in transit can be endorsed (if approved by the proper office authority). For Office Quota, relevant documents have to be submitted.
*This endorsement is usable globally.
12. What will be the charge for new issuance and replacement?
Charges will be applicable as per latest Cards Schedule of Charges.
For further information call our 24X7 Contact Center at 16230 or visit your nearest EBL Branch.